SAFEchild prevents abuse through a wide range of programs for parents and children.
The following group education programs help parents develop positive parenting skills and avoid behaviors associated with abuse and neglect:
- Crianza Con Cariño – Raising Children with Love and Tenderness)
- MENS – Men Engaged in Nurturing Strategies
- MOVE – Mothers Overcoming Violence through Education and Empowerment
- PLUS – Parents Learning, Understanding, Sharing
We are happy to answer questions about the best parenting education program for you and your family. Call us at 919.743.6140, or download a program registration form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail it to: SAFEchild, 864 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27603, or fax it to 919.743.6143.
Other programs and services include:
- Welcome Baby, a home-visiting program that pairs a new mom with an experienced mom to provide guidance and friendship.
- Moms Supporting Moms, a group-based companion to Welcome Baby mentor support. A “warmline” is also available, offering phone support for moms and their families.
- Funny Tummy Feelings, a primary prevention program offered in first-grade classrooms in Wake County.
- The SAFEchild Advocacy Center, a warm, welcoming facility providing coordinated support to child victims of physical or sexual abuse and their families.