SAFEchild prevents abuse through a wide range of programs for parents and children. To refer someone for a SAFEchild program or register yourself, click here.
Group education programs help parents develop positive parenting skills and avoid behaviors associated with abuse and neglect, and include:
- Crianza Con Cariño (Raising Children with Love and Tenderness)
- MENS Program: Men Engaged in Nurturing Strategies
- The MOVE Program: Mothers Overcoming Violence through Education and Empowerment
- The Nurturing Program
- The PLUS Program: Parents Learning, Understanding, Sharing
We are happy to answer questions about the best program for you and your family. Call us at 919.743.6140, or download a Program Registration Form and mail it to: SAFEchild, 864 West Morgan Street, Raleigh, NC 27603. You may also fax the completed form to 919.743.6143.
SAFEchild’s other programs and services include:
- Welcome Baby, a home-visiting program that pairs a new mom with an experienced mom to provide guidance and friendship.
- Funny Tummy Feelings, a primary prevention program offered in first-grade classrooms in Wake County.
- The SAFEchild Advocacy Center, a warm, welcoming facility providing coordinated support to child victims of physical or sexual abuse and their families.
- Michelle Putterman, RN, PHN
- Stacey Sullivan, LCSW, MSW
- Ginna Bustle, LCSW, MSW
- Cristin DeRonja, M.Ed., LPC, NCC
- Gemimah Rodriguez, MA
- Ginger Espino, MSW